1. Statutory audits
- Parliament of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- President and Vice-Presidents of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Government of the Federation of Bosnia And Herzegovina and its ministries;
- Public funds, institutes and agencies.
2. Audits for which there is no continuous obligation
- Cantonal assemblies and governments in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, including the execution of the cantonal budgets
- Municipalities in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- All budgetary institutions which are funded directly from the budget adopted by the Parliament, the cantonal assemblies and municipal councils;
- Non-budgetary funds that may be established by a law (at federal and cantonal level);
- Funds provided by international bodies and organizations to an institution or project in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, in a form of a loan or a grant for Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Funds provided from a budget to any other institution, organization or body.
3. The competences of the Audit Office also include the company in which the state owns 50% plus one share of equity.
4. The audit also includes all financial, administrative and other activities, programs and projects managed by one or more institutions from the above mentioned bodies, including the processing and revenue from sale of assets, privatization and concessions.
In the above-mentioned institutions the Audit Office for Institutions in FBiH is competent for conducting the following:
- financial audits,
- performance audits and
- special audits (which are not in the annual audit plan, and are being carried out as per request from the Parliament of Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, i.e. the Parliamentary Committee responsible for the audit).
Each year, as legally obliged, the Audit Office submits to the FBiH Parliament the Public report on the audit of the budget of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the final reports of all the audits that are being submitted to the audited entities and relevant bodies and institutions.
All reports are published on the Audit Office web page www.vrifbih.ba. In addition, the Audit Office organizes press conferences and other forms of media reporting in order to inform the public, taxpayers and other interested parties about the findings of the Audit Office in terms of spending and management of the public money.